Visiting Dubai is like going to a wonderland. The city has invested a lot to attain certain world records:
- The world’s highest tower (Burj Khalifa)
- The world’s most luxurious hotel (Burj Al Arab)
- The world’s largest shopping mall (The Dubai Mall)
Basically, Dubai is a fantastic city with so much to offer, you may even find yourself confused as to what to do and where to start when you come for a holiday this year.
What are the must-visit places in Dubai. What activities or excursions should you put at the top of your Dubai holiday list?
All these questions will be answered when you’re done reading this article.
Have a 360-degree view of Dubai
Dubai is a wonderful city, and seeing it from the top of a tower will make you fall in love with it all the more. Going to the Dubai Frame is one way to get a holistic view of this fascinating emirate.
The Dubai Frame is a huge rectangle built from two monumental towers that are 150 meters high and 93 meters wide. A 100-square-meter bridge connects the towers, forming a frame that gives you an incredible image of Dubai that will remain forever etched in your memory.
TWhen you visit the Dubai Frame, expect to do the following:
- Step 1: Your journey from the Old Dubai to New Dubai starts at the mezzanine level museum and gallery. Here, you will be treated to exhibitions that walk you through how Dubai has grown from a fishing village to the high-class city it is now.
- Step 2: Here you are at the upper deck, where you will have a stunning view of present-day Dubai. Thanks to screens activated by augmented reality, you will have a 3D view of various Dubai monuments.
- Step 3: Here again, you will have a fantastic virtual view of the emirate. At this stage, you enter a lift that takes you through a whirlpool tunnel full of light and special effects. This makes you land virtually in Dubai, but in 50 years’ time.
- Step 4: This is the upper deck. On the glass footbridge, you can see the Old and New Dubai. These two images of the North and South of Dubai are meant to illustrate the transition between the past and present of the city. On this level, there is a cafe or a shop where you can buy items to keep as souvenirs.
If the Dubai Frame view doesn’t satisfy you and you need a more holistic view of the city, you can treat yourself to a Seawings scenic seaplane tour.
Go to the Burj Khalifa Observatory
If you’re a bucket list ticker, the feeling of going up the world’s tallest building is sure to be worth it.
The Burj Khalifa is 828 meters high and is made up of more than 31,000 tons of steel reinforcing bars throughout its structure. Experts say that if these were laid end-to-end, they would stretch over almost a third of the world.
One of the fascinating things about visiting the Burj is that you can get from the first floor to level 124 in about a minute. In case you’re wondering, it’s thanks to the fastest elevator in the world.
There are three different viewing levels open to the public. The first two have been incorrectly named “At The Top,” but include floors 124 and 125 at 452 meters, which are a little over halfway up the building. The third level is the luxurious SKY Lounge, which is on level 148, a little over 100 meters from the other two levels.
Visit the Dubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo
Of all the exciting things to do in Dubai, the Dubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo is probably one of the attractions that would appeal to everyone, regardless of age group. With more than 33,000 aquatic animals, it is one of the largest aquariums in the world.
In addition to strolling around the zoo and aquarium, the theme park also offers activities such as scuba diving, glass boat rides, shark diving, etc. The major advantage here is that you don’t have to be an experienced diver to enjoy any of these activities.
Here, you will be accompanied by divers who will try to feed the sharks in order to attract them, allowing you to see them up close.
Without debate, Ski Dubai is one of the unique ways to beat the heat in the UAE. It is only the only place where you can transport yourself from the burning desert to a winter wonderland.
Ski Dubai’s snow park covers an area of 22,500 square meters and has snow all year round. What’s great is that you don’t have to wait until winter to try out a pair of ice skates.
No need to worry if you are not a great skier. You can get a snowboard in your size in the lobby. This can be a very fun experience, especially when you are racing with your loved ones. Also, if you get stuck, you can always throw snowballs at others, just to ensure they don’t win.
Go zip lining in nearby Ras Al Khaimah
Feel like a shot of adrenaline?
Then look no further than the shores of the UAE, home to the world’s longest zip line. You can get to the Jebel Jais zipline by taking a Ras Al Khaimah tour package from Dubai.
The Jebel Jais zipline offers you the ultimate adventure experience by allowing you to descend 129 kilometers from the top of Jebel Jais to the mountains.
You can also land on the open-air suspended platform halfway down, which would probably be one of the most exciting experiences of the trip. But if you want to make the experience a little more adventurous, opt for the complete climbing, canyoning and zipline package.
Don’t have time to venture out of Dubai?
There are several sites for zipline fans in the city, such as in Dubai Marina, Downtown Dubai and Mushrif.
Dubai has something to offer everyone – whether you’re looking for some new adventures this 2021, or want to make your short Dubai trip worthwhile.
Whether you like culture, adrenaline, glamor or relaxation, Dubai has a place for you.
So, don’t miss out on any opportunity to have fun in the City of Gold.